SUPREP® Bowel Prep Kit
How to Prepare for your Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a routine, generally safe procedure used to examine the colon. There are steps that you, the patient, must take before the procedure to ensure the highest level of safety and effectiveness.
1. Make arrangements to have someone drive you home after the procedure. Colonoscopy involves sedation, and you will not be allowed to leave unaccompanied.
2. Follow your physician’s instructions regarding medicines to avoid and diet to follow before your procedure.
3. Finish the entire bowel prep regimen as described on the following page, unless otherwise directed by a physician.
SUPREP is a low-volume bowel preparation that you take as a split-dose regimen. A split-dose regimen means that you take two 6-ounce bottles of SUPREP. The first 6-ounce bottle is taken the evening before your colonoscopy and the second 6-ounce bottle is taken the morning of your colonoscopy. It is important to drink the additional water as recommended in the Instructions for Use.
SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit cleans your colon by causing you to have diarrhea. Cleaning your colon helps your doctor see the inside of your colon more clearly during your colonoscopy.
On the day before your procedure…
You may have a light breakfast or have clear liquids ONLY; please have nothing for dinner.
• DO NOT drink milk
• DO NOT eat or drink anything colored red or purple
• DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages
Any of the following liquids are OK to drink
• Strained fruit juices (without pulp) including apple, orange, white grape, or white cranberry
• Limeade or lemonade
• Coffee or tea. DO NOT use any dairy or non-dairy creamer
• Chicken broth
• Gelatin desserts without added fruit or toppings (NO RED OR PURPLE)
When to take SUPREP BOWEL PREP KIT
SUPREP Bowel Prep Kit is taken as a split dose (2-day) regimen. You take the first 6-ounce bottle of SUPREP the evening before your colonoscopy and the second 6-ounce bottle of SUPREP the morning of your colonoscopy. It is important to drink the additional water as recommended in the Instructions for Use. Both 6-ounce bottles are required for a complete prep. Your doctor will tell you when it is time to begin to take each dose.
How to take SUPREP BOWEL PREP KIT
• On the evening before your procedure (or when your doctor tells you to begin), complete steps 1 through 4 using one (1) 6-ounce bottle before going to bed
• On the morning of your procedure, repeat steps 1 through 4 using the other 6-ounce bottle
Gastrocure in West Orange, NJ performs comprehensive cancer screenings for colon cancer and Barrett’s esophagus. He performs quality colonoscopy using high definition optical colonoscopy, narrow band imaging to identify early flat lesions in the right colon which could be missed during routine colonoscopy. In difficult cases we use a Water Immersion Colonoscopy technique to complete procedures which decrease pain and sedation amount for patients.